1. NEVER buy a financial or investing product from someone you just met
2. Getting returns over 12% per year is ridiculously hard and if anyone promises you a return they are probably full of it. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
3. If you don’t understand it, don’t invest in it. Period.
4. If one of your friends recommend an investment that’s making them a ton of money, they are probably suckers too. Most “investments” people sell might have worked one time, if at all, and simply can’t be recreated by you. If you see the “results not typical” on any marketing materials rip them up and run the other way!
5. There are no “secrets of the super wealthy” that anyone will sell you for $500 or that you can actually take advantage of unless you have hundreds of thousands of dollars. I wanted to hit the guy that kept saying this onstage.